This award recognises the development and advancement of new technologies, systems and approaches which have the capacity to influence sustainable energy use. Entrants should demonstrate a capacity to go beyond best practice in integrated energy management through technology upgrades, process solutions or staff engagement.
With rapid advancements and a continuous rate of change in the field of energy efficiency, energy professionals have a notoriously difficult time knowing what products to choose to help their companies increase energy savings and improve energy performance. If you have a product, or you can illustrate an energy management initiative that has proven to bring significant improvements in energy savings to businesses, then we want to hear from you.
Criteria include energy savings and socio-economic impacts. It is open to all organisations, individuals, academia, start-ups, researchers and inventors.
- Innovation in products and/or services that demonstrate improved business performance and/or improved customer satisfaction.
- Benefits generated by the business for the wider community, locally, and/or regionally, and/or county-wide.
- Results of collaborative effort undertaken with other County Wexford businesses and/or organisations.
- Evidence of a recognised and approved quality system (where relevant) & demonstration of consistent delivery of product /service and monitoring of customer feedback.
- Investment in staff development, business competency improvements.
- Innovative marketing & sales development activity both online and offline, including web, social media, and growth in national and/or International visitor numbers and spend, where applicable.
- Management systems, including business planning, risk management, cost control and financial performance with clear business/ team performance targets and measurement (this should be assessed in the context of the size and resources of the business).
- How businesses integrate environmental concerns into their operations through their engagement with customers, suppliers, employees and local communities, is fundamental to the sustainability of their business. ALL applicants should be cognisant of this practice and should incorporate evidence of their own efforts in terms of sustainability. The awards will take into consideration the green credentials of all entries, across all categories.