This award gives recognition to and promotes people, companies and organisations that have made significant contributions to developing, marketing, selling and delivering improved visitor experiences in Ireland and to increasing the number of visitors from overseas.
In particular, our Award aims to:
- Publicly recognise and reward excellence
- Provide a benchmark for best practice
- Encourage the continuous raising of standards
- Provide better visitor experiences
- Emphasise the value of the tourism sector
- Provide networking opportunities for operators and supporters
- Innovation in products and/or services and/or new delivery mechanisms that demonstrate improved offerings, business performance and/or improved customer engagement and/or satisfaction.
- Benefits generated by the business for the wider community, locally, and/or regionally, and/or county-wide.
- Details of collaborative working arrangements, efforts and/or actions undertaken with other County Wexford, regional, national, or international initiatives, businesses, or organisations.
- Evidence of a recognised and approved quality system (where relevant) & demonstration of consistent delivery of product /service and monitoring of customer feedback.
- Investment in staff development, business competencies, physical resources, or other improvements in the past 12 months.
- Innovative marketing & sales development activity:
- online, including web & social media
- growth in national and/or International visitor numbers and spend
- current (last two full years) annual visitor/customer numbers and/or other measures of success
- Management systems, including:
- business planning
- risk management
- cost control and financial performance
- Clear business/ team performance targets and measurement
(The above will be assessed in the context of the size and resources of the business).
- How businesses integrate environmental concerns into their operations through their engagement with customers, suppliers, employees and local communities, is fundamental to the sustainability of their business. ALL applicants should be cognisant of this practice and should incorporate evidence of their own efforts in terms of sustainability. The awards will take into consideration the green credentials of all entries, across all categories.