The SME Award was introduced to acknowledge the hard work and achievements of small to medium sized business (under 50). Very often this is the first time that you will be recognised for the work that you do. Wexford Chamber is a small business and we work with SMEs daily. We know the stresses, the joys and the highs you can get from running your own business. There are so many amazing stories of business people going above and beyond to help their staff, their community and fellow businesses.
Be proud of your achievements and enter this category!
- Innovation in products and/or services that demonstrate improved business performance and/or improved customer satisfaction.
- Benefits generated by the business for the wider community, locally, and/or regionally, and/or county-wide.
- Results of collaborative effort undertaken with other County Wexford businesses and/or organisations.
- Evidence of a recognised and approved quality system (where relevant) & demonstration of consistent delivery of product /service and monitoring of customer feedback.
- Investment in staff development, business competency improvements.
- Innovative marketing & sales development activity both online and offline, including web, social media, and growth in national and/or International visitor numbers and spend, where applicable.
- Management systems, including business planning, risk management, cost control and financial performance with clear business/ team performance targets and measurement (this should be assessed in the context of the size and resources of the business).
- How businesses integrate environmental concerns into their operations through their engagement with customers, suppliers, employees and local communities, is fundamental to the sustainability of their business. ALL applicants should be cognisant of this practice and should incorporate evidence of their own efforts in terms of sustainability. The awards will take into consideration the green credentials of all entries, across all categories.