Judging is over and excitement is mounting as we are just one day away from finding out who the winners and runners up of the 16 business award categories and the overall 2017 Wexford Business of The Year Award will be. See full list of shortlisted finalists HERE
Madeleine Quirke, CEO Wexford Chamber, said “Wexford is punching well above its weight, the Business Awards are one of many conferences / gala events that are so excellently facilitated by our local hotels. I sincerely hope that everybody will celebrate in style with the 500 guests attending, our celebrity MC ‘Hector’ and our own local lads Mick, Matthew, Leo & Suds who are ‘Corner Boy’. The Wexford Business Awards are hosted in association with Wexford Chamber, Wexford County Council, the EPA, South East Radio and The Wexford People.
Karl Fitzpatrick, President Wexford Chamber, said “A great night of celebration is ahead of us tomorrow evening as we award some of the best businesses in the South East. Wexford is thriving and, no matter what challenges lie ahead, I am confident that all of the many advantages Wexford has to offer will continue to attract new and innovative investors to our town”.
6.45pm: Welcome Reception sponsored by Gas Networks Ireland
7.30pm: Seated for Dinner
7.45pm: Awards Ceremony & Dinner
11pm: Winners of Raffle Announced
11.15pm -Late!!: Evening entertainment from Corner Boy
MC: Hector Ó hEochagáin will be our host and has promised to bring the ‘craic’!
Live Music: Get up and dance off your dinner with the supremely talented local band Corner Boy.
Live Tweeting Wall: Show us your selfies, tweet using #WexBizAwards- Get us trending!
Each year a charity partner is picked and all monies from our raffle on the night are donated to said charity. This year the chosen charity is, Family Life Service, who have been providing counselling support services within County Wexford for over 25 years to those members of the community who, in particular, are experiencing marginalisation. Prizes Include:
- Signed Manchester United Jersey donated by The Rotary Club of Wexford.
- Bespoke painting from Paddy Lennon’s ‘Notions’ series.
- Overnight stay with Breakfast & Dinner in Marlfield House.
- Wexford Food Festival: 2 tickets to ‘The Happy Pear Cookery Demonstration’.
- €50 Gift Voucher donated by Wallaces of Wellingtonbridge.
- Dinner for 2 in Reeds Restaurant at the Ferrycarrig hotel.
- Midweek tea & pamper package for 2 at Ferrycarrig hotel (afternoon tea & 1 treatment each at Riverwood Wellness).
- Two nights B&B +1 Dinner midweek in Monart Destination Spa.
Last year the raffle at the Wexford Business Awards raised almost €4,000, lets see if we can beat this incredible figure this year!
A great cause – great prizes – please be generous.